Knowledgebase: Substitutions
Substitute - Bad Knees
Posted by Stephanie H on 16 January 2015 05:13 PM

First consult with your doctor so see if there is any limitation or special exercise that  is unique to your situation.

If your doctor gives you a green light you can try Total Body Extension

  • Start in the standing position as if you were going to do a bodyweight squat.
  • Dip down quickly into a quarter squat and swing your arms behind you by your sides.
  • Explode up and extend your body onto your toes, raising your arms overhead.
  • Control the descent back and in one movement return to the dip before exploding back up again.
  • This is a non-impact replacement for jumping.